Training and Courses
Virtual Learning Event – Addressing the Paper Supply Chain Challenge
May 4th, 2022 1:00 – 2:30 PM (CST)
The Canadian Printing Industries Association invites you to a virtual learning event featuring presentations and a Q&A discussion with industry leaders from across Canada.
Gain insights to better understand the unprecedented paper supply chain environment and actionable take-aways you can bring back to your business.
Confirmed speakers and panelists for the event are:
- Cory Turner, President, Spicers Canada
- Rob Melton, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Pulp and Paper, Domtar
- Alain Villemure, Vice-President, Sales, Lecta North America
- François Chastanet, Senior Analysis, Numera Analytics / Pulp and Paper Products Council
- Andrew Fennell, Vice President Finance Friesens Canada
- Sean Murray, President, Advocate Printing
- Todd Cober, President, Cober
- To register, please visit cpia.eventbrite.ca
Excel Level 2
Course is sold out – Thank you
May 16 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
May 18 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: 1000 Waverley Street
Cost: (Includes lunch)
Member $180/person plus GST
Member Plus: $170/person Plus GST
To Register Contact: email@example.com
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Organize, protect, and display data using various tools.
- Use the IF function, create linking formulas, and manage links.
- Manage and arrange multiple workbooks, insert and manage multiple worksheets within a workbook, and consolidate data from multiple sources.
- Create and modify charts to present data effectively; customize charts to enhance their appearance.
- Create, apply and modify styles to format worksheets consistently and quickly; use comments, text boxes to annotate worksheets, and sparklines to highlight and explain data.
To accommodate participation, this one-day course is offered on two separate dates.
Continuous Improvement Cultural Engagement
Date: September, 2022 (watch for future updates)
Location: Duha Center of Excellence Training Center
Member $200 plus GST
Member Plus $175 plus GST
To Register Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Continuous Improvement Cultural Engagement Course gives participants the opportunity to experience for themselves the Duha Operating System, viewing successful lean initiatives both in a shop floor and office environment.
Through classroom training and an extensive hands-on tour of the facility, participants will gain an appreciation for the 4 “key steps” that the Duha Group experienced on their Continuous Improvement Journey and develop an understanding of where their own organization needs to focus in order to achieve the cultural awareness necessary for a successful C.I. Journey.
Participants will be asked to complete a Continuous Improvement Diagnostic Analysis on where they as individuals feel themselves and their company are on their Continuous Improvement Journey.
• Discover how an Internal Continuous Improvement Belt Program can improve your business growth
without being disruptive to daily requirements.
• Learn how Visual Communication Systems are used to promote ownership and engagement at all levels of staffing.
• Experience how the Duha Huddle System has linked all departments to one common vision of “One
Improvement Everyday Through Teamwork and Communication” – creating the implementation of
over 35,000 completed ideas.
• Attend a live Huddle in order to fully understand how the communication system works to link the
Continuous Improvement culture throughout various departments and facilities around the world.
• Take advantage of the pros and cons experienced during our 20 year Continuous Improvement Program