About Manitoba Print Industry AssociationPrinting is Essential. Manitoba printer's annual sales exceed $850 million.
The Manitoba Print Industry Association Inc. (MPIA) is a non-profit industry-based organization created to:
- increase awareness of the Manitoba print industry
- attract and retain individuals into the industry; and
- expand training opportunities within the existing workforce.
The MPIA partners with the Province of Manitoba to focus on holistic and collaborative human resource development.
Barry joined the Manitoba Print Industry Association in November 2012. Prior to that he spent two years has a Case Manager with the Alliance of Manitoba Sector Councils in the Workplace Integration of Skilled Newcomers in the Trades program. Barry was employed for over 24 years with the provincial government primarily in the development and support of provincial Sector Councils. His last position with the province was Senior Consultant to the Minister’s Advisory Council on Workforce Development.
- Identify opportunities to increase awareness of, and attract new workers to, the Manitoba print industry.
- Provide a network for print industry consultation, partnership and communication.
- Partner with appropriate government departments, associations, agencies, and schools to support the continued development of the Manitoba print industry.
- Assist in the ongoing development of print industry-related curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes that are relevant to the current industry needs.
MPIA Board President - Prolific Group
MPIA Board Secretary - Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
MPIA Board Past President - Cascades Containerboard
MPIA Board Director- Pollard Banknote
Board of Directors
MPIA Board Director - Transcontinental
MPIA Board Director - Veritiv Canada
MPIA Board Director - The UPS Store #431
MPIA Board Director - Premier Printing
MPIA Board Director - Xerox Canada