About Manitoba Print Industry AssociationPrinting is Essential. Manitoba printer's annual sales exceed $850 million.
The Manitoba Print Industry Association Inc. (MPIA) is a non-profit industry-based organization created to:
- increase awareness of the Manitoba print industry
- attract and retain individuals into the industry; and
- expand training opportunities within the existing workforce.
The MPIA partners with the Province of Manitoba to focus on holistic and collaborative human resource development.
Meet the Team
Executive DirectorBarry joined the Manitoba Print Industry Association in November 2012. Prior to that he spent two years has a Case Manager with the Alliance of Manitoba Sector Councils in the Workplace Integration of Skilled Newcomers in the Trades program. Barry was employed for over 24 years with the provincial government primarily in the development and support of provincial Sector Councils. His last position with the province was Senior Consultant to the Minister’s Advisory Council on Workforce Development.
Career and Human Resource Consultant
Elisa has worked in the nonprofit sector for 8 years; specifically, the Alliance of Manitoba Sector Councils (AMSC). During this time, she was responsible for Human Resources, administration and facility management. Elisa also assisted with AMSC programs including Workforce Development, the Bridge Program, Workplace Integration of Skilled Newcomers in the Trades and Manitoba Mentors.
In 1998, Elisa completed her Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in the Philippines. In 2015, she completed her Human Resource Management Certificate at the University of Manitoba.
Working with AMSC has provided Elisa with knowledge of the training programs and other resources available to Manitoba businesses.
Elisa is eager to assist print members who are looking for human resource assistance and advice.
- Identify opportunities to increase awareness of, and attract new workers to, the Manitoba print industry.
- Provide a network for print industry consultation, partnership and communication.
- Partner with appropriate government departments, associations, agencies, and schools to support the continued development of the Manitoba print industry.
- Assist in the ongoing development of print industry-related curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes that are relevant to the current industry needs.
Board of Directors
MPIA Board PresidentGraphic Packaging
MPIA Board Past PresidentPollard Banknote
MPIA Board DirectorPremier Printing
MPIA Board DirectorManitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
MPIA Board DirectorUnisource Canada
MPIA Board DirectorColorAd Packaging
Sandy van den Berg
MPIA Board DirectorCorporate Source
MPIA Board DirectorThe Standard Press
MPIA Board DirectorDuha Group
MPIA Board Vice-PresidentProlific Group